Job Title: Aquatics Lead Technician - Iwaki Aquatic Systems & Services
Reports To: Engineering Pump Product Manager
Position Summary: The Lead Technician with Iwaki Aquatic Systems & Services is an essential role within Iwaki America Incorporated. This person is expected to be the lead on installations and services. Also, head up the aquatic R&D lab in Holliston, MA office and help facilitate production/manufacture of aquatic systems.
- Work with Engineering/Manufacturing and 3rd party vendors to facilitate system fabrication
- Full ownership of start-up, inspection and testing of aquatic rack systems prior to customer delivery (Stand alone and multiple aquatic rack systems.)
- Install & commission systems at customer’s location along with training and troubleshooting at completion of install
- Perform scheduled maintenance based on service contracts and maintain service logs
- Manage and maintain service inventory of consumables for service
- Provide ongoing technical support to customers and clearly articulate our value proposition
- Full ownership of aquatic R&D lab in Holliston, MA when not on the road performing service and installations. (Assistance will be provided when on the road.)
- Participate in ISO quality program and process improvement efforts, maintain existing ISO procedures, and create new ones where appropriate.
- Work with Sales to support the sale of systems and maintenance contracts to both existing and new customers while keeping an eye open for new technologies, capabilities or products prior to formal product release.
- Work closely with Sales to identify lead customers for new technologies, capabilities or products prior to formal sales release.
- Ability to interact with researchers/biologists and identify key influencers and decision-makers and take self-initiative to contact them to understand their needs and opportunities.
- Become well known and respected in the aquatic lab systems community.
- Participate in activities and organizations that facilitate external company promotion and networking and affiliated trade shows.
- Extensive travel required. Must be able to be flexible and travel on short notice.
- Experience in aquatic research, aquaculture or similar industries
- Plumbing and electrical skills/experience is essential with proven technical competence
- Degree in Aquaculture/Biology preferred
- Working knowledge of aquatic systems and their applications
- Proven track record of building/servicing aquatic systems
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Ability to read/view/interpret 2D/3D drawings
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills while interacting cross-culturally
- Recognizable integrity, earns the respect of others
- Self-starter, results-oriented, high energy, customer oriented and a team player
- Self-confident, ethical, sociable
- Hands on learner with ability to wrench on products/projects
- Ready to roll up sleeves and work hard while having fun at the same time
Delegation of Authority:
- The Iwaki America Inc. Delegation of Authority Matrix is incorporated herein by reference