Job Title: Product Support Engineer Category: Exempt
Reports To: Pump Product Manager & Lead Engineer
Position Summary: Support business and product development on a technical level; performing engineering functions and working closely with customers, internal engineering departments, and (Head Office) Iwaki Japan. Oversee product and business development plans for business lines including Standard and OEM pumps and aquatic systems (both custom and standard). Full ownership of aquatic systems manufacturing engineering and order fulfillment.
- Full ownership of manufacturing engineering support for aquatic systems together with Walchem manufacturing Engineering on Walchem components and outside component and systems builders. This includes ERP part and BOM development, component/system testing, assembly procedures and quality-related activities.
- Full ownership of the aquatic systems order fulfillment process. Model naming/numbering, building block type system.
- Provide technical support for all product introductions:
- Anticipate design, performance, and installation issues that may impact successful implementation.
- Perform product troubleshooting activities in concert with Sales Managers, Product Managers and Engineers.
- Contribute technical information including; curves, specifications, item masters, bills of materials, dimensional drawings, O&M manuals, and related data.
- Support requests for drawings both 2 & 3D
- Contribute to technical content of all published marketing communication – brochures, sell sheets, and website content.
- Work with purchasing department to ensure materials support for product releases.
- Communicate with head office Iwaki Japan on details as needed.
- Organize drawings, technical specifications, certifications
- Create and maintain technical and commercial ECO’s including ECO’s for each aquatic systems order.
- Perform in-house testing on all products as needed and support install/deployment of aquatic systems.
- Formatting and presentation of data to engineering team, direct customers, sales reps and distributors.
- Act as a resource for post-launch technical information for Sales, Customer Service, customers & systems builders
- Assist in managing US Tech Center, including layout, safe and proper storage or equipment, clean-up/organization, etc.
- Establish consistent test procedures/protocol/documentation of results, publishing reports.
- Participate in ISO quality program and process improvement efforts, maintain existing ISO procedures, and create new ones where appropriate.
- Assist in supporting demo equipment to ensure everything is functional and current.
- Some travel required. Possible affiliated trade show participation.
- *Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Electro Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years+ experience
- *High level of technical communication skills in English, verbal and written (Japanese a Plus)
- * 2D/3D modeling with AutoCAD/Solidworks, with successful completion of Essentials training course
- Motivated team player who enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- * Desire and ability to work closely with team players and direct customer interaction
- Experience in the pump, electrical controls and/or aquatic systems industries a plus
- Knowledge of various pump operating principles
- Forward thinking, self-starter that takes initiative to see all projects to conclusion through diligent & creative solutions
- Energetic, Insightful and articulate, thorough, detail and customer oriented
- Self-confident, ethical, sociable
- Hands on learner with ability to wrench on products/projects
- Ready to roll up sleeves and work hard while having fun at the same time
- A passion for Technology and how things work
Delegation of Authority:
- The Iwaki America Inc. Delegation of Authority Matrix is incorporated herein by reference
*Denotes essential qualifications
Submit resumes to:
5 Boynton Road
Holliston, MA 01746